Sunday, September 6, 2009

My Dad's 80th Birthday Card.


OMGoodness everyone, I have completed all my projects that I needed to get done this weekend... WHOO HOO!! This is the last one, and really the one I had no idea on what I was going to do. This month my dad will be 80 years old, and so I wanted to make a card that he could reflect back on and actually see himself , and I think that I have succeeded. This card makes me swell with pride and actually gives me goosebumps. It is soooo my dad!! My dad is the reason I am the person I am today, he has a heart of gold, but still believes in so many of the true family values... such as, hard work, respect for other people, love who you are and don't try to be someone you're not, and love those that are dear to you. My dad is all of these things and much more. And when I found these Pebbles Inc. Snapshots they reminded me so much of my dad and my childhood, so I knew I was going to use them somehow on his birthday card. I just wish I could be there on his birthday, but since I can't, I will be there in spirit, and of course, on the phone... I hope you enjoy my card... Here's what I used:
SU Really Rust CS
SU More Mustard CS
SU Chocolate Chip CS
Creative Imaginations ~ Marah Johnson ~ Lotus (which you can hardly see behind all of the pictures..)
SU Warmest Regards Stamp Set
BoBunny Cardstock Stickers ~ Our Family
Pebbles Inc. Real Life Snapshots ~ Western
Basic Grey Stick on Letters
Pop Dots
SU Oval Punch
SU Scallop Oval Punch
Thanks so much for dropping in and come back anytime...
Have a wonderful day!!!
Hugs :o)
Pin It!

1 comment:

Joan Ervin said...

What an awesome birthday card for you Dad, Fern....I just love all the pictures and what a fabulous collage you have created...he is going to love this!!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...